Join now - be part of our community!

What have you replaced your X85 with?

DaM3k0n

What have you replaced your X85 with?

Curious to know what owners of the 55" x85 range, who have sent them back, had them replaced with?

I think theres no aqrgument about the image quality, but I just couldnt handle the constant freezes, reboots etc...  Im armed with a Nvidia Shield to satisfy my Anroid needs, but just want a great screen for no more than £1.5k...

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
sonybox
Explorer

I never experienced those problems with a 75" X85 

The only complain I have is with Android TV interface is blurry compared to Android TV coming from any device hooked up to HDMI.

I would replace it with a Philips since they have Android TV but they don't have 75" models. 

Or then a Samsung with some Android TV box. But I'm already using a Android TV device with my Sony Android TV anyway because of the app image quality, ironic right?

DaM3k0n

did expect more responses to this given how many people claim to have sent theirs back...  and all the views!

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

DaM3k0n wrote:

did expect more responses to this given how many people claim to have sent theirs back...  and all the views!

Possibly because the only people reading the thread are those who still have a Sony Tv... Others, I suspect, will be done with Sony for life! - and are thus hardly likely to return to their forum!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caledonian_TV wrote:
Others, I suspect, will be done with Sony for life! - and are thus hardly likely to return to their forum!

Except that it is hard or impossible to avoid Sony.  Like Google, Sony hasntegrated themselves into various products and markets unknown to many.  The obvious ones are Sony Pictures and Music.  Less obvious are:  own an iPhone?  Chances are it has a Sony lens.  Sony provides many products and parts for the medical industry. Batteries for consumer products and electric vehicles.  It even has its own bank!

Oh and their Tablets (Z4) is the best in the Android Market!  :wink:

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

No, actually, I don't own an iPhone...  Quite deliberately! 

And it's a Sony sensor... Not the lens itself... Which is also junk.

It matters not one jot what other markets they're in... With these sets - and some of the other rubbish that's been brought to my attention in the past few days - they're trashing their own reputation; which isn't uncommon in today's world of 'corporate monsters'...   Rolex, Mont Blanc, Rolls Royce...  Burberry (or 'Ned-burry' as it's known in Scotland) All modern-day garbage trading on an old-world legend.

And the fact that, as you say, they are (like the flu) hard to avoid doesn't lessen my point one iota...  

Sony have gone from being the 'gold standard' in electronics to showing SPECTACULAR levels of incompetence; as such they're no better than any other no-name chinese junk...  Why now would I pay twice the money for the same rubbish? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caledonian_TV wrote:

Why now would I pay twice the money for the same rubbish? 

A question that only you can answer...

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

I don't know if you're trying to be deliberately infuriating  and obtuse Quinnicus....  Or if you simply lack the capacity to understand the concept of a rhetorical comment...

Certainly you're rubbing salt into the wounds of those who have had their trust in Sony betrayed by those who now call the shots there...  As I have said before; the level of sheer incompetence evident in the UI design and engineering of the front end of these sets is such that really, the design team responsible deserve to have their careers ended...

Sony took me for a fool a few years back with the BD player I bought... I was daft enough to put that down to a rare level of error on their part and they got another chance with the set I have just bought. 

As I've also posted before... That breach of trust will cost them circa £30K of business I personally now won't be doing with Sony Broadcast.  - And I'll be VERY keen to earn those who seek my advice off Sony dsplay products.  I'd reasonably hope to cost then in the region of £250K in the coming year - A drop in the ocean of course...

But then they will also have alienated others with 20, 30, 40 years of buying power ahead of them...  And the FARCE that is the 2015 Android TV range will haunt them just a surely as Fiat still 'suffer' for the reputation their cars gained in the 70's for rusting out.... 

This is made all the worse by Sony's abject failure to sort out even basic issue with these sets...  And their lack of communication with the customers they've let down so badly....  And all the 'drum beating' in the world doesn't change the fact that the once-great Emperor Sony is now parading about as naked as the cheek with which his sycophants try to draw attention away from his failings!

dazworld

I'm keen on knowing what happens with replaced TVs too.

I stupidly bought a 49x8509c in September, and have been extremely and I mean extremely unhappy with my purchase. Buggy-ness is the primary concern, so too misleading marketing with Sony selling the TV without advertised features (I bought it under the assumption YouView and HDD recording would be on the set; they were not when I bought it and it is still devoid of HDD recording).

I have made a list of issues on my phone, and have 30 - all nicely numbered.  All relate to it not operating like a TV - to watch stuff reliably.

Do you know where I send this complaint letter which is long overdue? A call to Sony or email / address?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi dazworld, really sorry to hear you've been unhappy with your BRAVIA purchase.

Sony do actively monitor the Community space and in many ways this is the best forum, should you wish to make your comments and complaints heard by the people who count :slight_smile:

However you can always contact Sony customer support, who will pass on your concerns to the relevant department: http://bit.ly/19syq6C

Many thanks

Mick_D

Community Manager