Join now - be part of our community!

Wi-Fi connectivity problem with Sony KD43XE8005

profile.country.GB.title
dw8011
New

Wi-Fi connectivity problem with Sony KD43XE8005

My partner bought this TV in Nov 17 and while the TV connected ok with her Wi-Fi she had been unable to access You-View or the ITVhub/C4OD/C5 catch up apps. We had hoped that the last firmware update a couple of months ago would rectify this but it did not. Last weekend we tried a full factory reset and while the TV connected to the WiFi without problem initially now it will not connect to the WiFi. On the set up screen it simply says ‘WiFi not enabled’ even though the WiFi symbol itself indicates full signal strength (which is unusual). We have tried turning the TV on/off and rebooting the router. All other devices (phone/iPads) work fine so there doesn’t appear to be a problem with her router. 

I bought a KD49XE9005 in Jan 18 and all the smart features on that set work fine. So it makes no sense at all why my partner’s (which I assume uses the same smart TV circuitry) will suddenly not connect. If there was a fault with her set I would expect it to manifest itself with an error message).

we really are out of ideas here, it makes no sense, so any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated 

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried unplugging all devices for a few minutes?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@dw8011 

It sounds as if you might not be on the same ISP and/or router (physically the same, not just the same make) as your partner; is this the case?

In that case, there would be a difference, though I don’t know if it would be a significant difference.

But her set doesn’t sound right; she couldn’t access YouView?

Or was this the known, and seemingly everlasting, fault by which the YouView Guide would not populate; so she could actually watch the channels, but not very conveniently?

The ‘solution’ to this is to reboot the TV; the logic being that something deep in the Sony code occasionally sets a wrong bit or two in the running software, which discombobulates the YouView code, which then can’t show the Guide.

But a Factory Reset puts this straight until the next time the faulty bit of Sony code runs. Which could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, or never; it’s a lottery.

So for the fault she has now, and for the above, Factory Reset her TV and see if this fixes things.

I know you just tried it, but try it again, having reset (not just rebooted) her router first.

But if you still have the fault, as it’s a small(ish) set, could you arrange for it to be alongside your 49-er, and see if the fault still manifests?

And sometimes, the error with these TVs is that they don’t know they are in error, and so don’t give a message 😞

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
dw8011
New

Thanks, My partner tried another factory reset and that seems to have fixed the problem..... for now and she has all her smart functions back except the ITV/C4/C5 catch up apps which have never worked on that set for some reason. We don’t live together so our TVs are on different WiFi networks.