Join now - be part of our community!

XF900 Bootloop following Oreo update

profile.country.IE.title
csteenson
Explorer

XF900 Bootloop following Oreo update

Last week following the release of the Oreo update, I downloaded the firmware and updated the TV via USB.

All seemed to be working fine until yesterday evening when the TV got into a bootloop.

It turns on, I can see the Sony logo, then the Anroid animation, followed by the Andriod logo, and then it boots into the main menu. Roughly 10/15 seconds later (during wihch the TV is fine and operating), the screen goes blank and the TV reboots.

At one point, I reinstered the USB key and it stopped the bootloop. I got a message saying "Firmware already updated, you can remove the USB key" and this seemed to resolve the issue. I also had the ethernet cable unplugged during this. However, a few hours later it went back into the bootloop.

Can anyone shed any light on how I might be able to resolve this? Should I do a factory reset? Or is there something executing in the background (like an automated update check)  that may be kicking the TV into the bootloop? The fact that the USB key briefly stopped the loop is interesting. Thanks in advance for any help!

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

How exactly do you factory reset if you cannot get to the home page? It gets stuck on the 4 Android circle load screen
profile.country.IE.title
csteenson
Explorer

You can reset from the controls on the TV. Try option C at the following
link...
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00159487
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Thank you, however I’ve done this now.. 8 / 9 times and still nothing. I admit defeat
profile.country.GB.title
spydj1a
Explorer

I have the same issue, but mine is caused by having a VPN active.  Since update to Oreo i can no longer use a VPN as this causes the TV to crash after about 5-10 mins. Sony basically say "If the same symptoms persist, we would suggest disabling the VPN as we can't guarantee full functionality with such services or applications."  Brilliant answer eh! 

They apply an update, TV now not allowing VPN... but tough!  I've asked Sony how do I back-off this software level if they dont intend to fix it! 

profile.country.IE.title
csteenson
Explorer

The app that caused me difficulties was a VPN too!
profile.country.GB.title
spydj1a
Explorer

Did you manage to resolve your issue? Thanks