Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube stopped working KD-49XE7005

Hogar1973
New

Youtube stopped working KD-49XE7005

YouTube was working fine for the past 1 month. Then stopped working suddenly.
The other apps working fine. I checked my Internet connection, works fine.
I also switched off everything unplugged and replugged the wires, and still unable to get in YouTube app on TV.
By the way, YouTube works fine on the other laptops and phones.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi ,

go tour your app library and set YOuTube back to the default settings as well as deleting the apps storage and the cache.

That should fix the problem.

- Nic

profile.country.LV.title
Vizediktator
Explorer

@IamNicwrote:

Hi Hogar1973,

go tour your app library and set YOuTube back to the default settings as well as deleting the apps storage and the cache.

That should fix the problem.

- Nic

How do I do that? Which buttons do I have to press? When I am in the app library and YouTube is selected (but not clicked on) and I press the OPTIONS button on the remote nothing happens... Is there a special combo?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Vizediktator,

you need to go into your TV settings and navigate to the "App" sub.menu.

There you can go to the "running apps" and select YouTube from there.

Then you should have the options I described (Clear Data|Clear Cache).

- Nic

profile.country.LV.title
Vizediktator
Explorer

Unfortunately I cannot find the App sub menu in the TV settings. When I press and the HOME button first and then open Settings (the lowest possible option on the screen), I get two other options: system settings and customer support. If I choose system settings I can then navigate to Picture, Sound, ... and so on. But there is no app sub menu... 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Vizediktator,

I own a 3 year old Android-TV, therefore it could be, that my menu-structure differs from the one on your TV.

Maybe there is a guide online on how to find the correct menu on your particular TV.

- Nic

profile.country.LV.title
Vizediktator
Explorer

Ok thanks for your help. My TV is the KD-49XE7005 as mentioned in the title. It runs on Linux, as far as I know.