Join now - be part of our community!

Ethernet Adapter on C5 Ultra

SOLVED
ricci
Visitor

Ethernet Adapter on C5 Ultra

Hello ,

i just got my C5 Ultra Dual with Stock Rom 5.1 and i am very impressed by the build quality and overall value.

One downgrade comparing previous models running KitKat like Z3 or Z2 or Z Ultra (very nice!) is that the Ethernet adapter OTG would not work anymore.

Has someone got such one like Plugable OTG Micro USB to Ethernet Adapter working with the C5 Ultra , maybe running later versions of Lolllipop or Marshmallow? 

Thank oyu very much.

rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

I'm afraid that I'm not aware of any planned changes that would include USB Ethernet support. It is currently supported in Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z3+, Z4 Tablet, Z5, Z5 Compact and Z5 Premium.

By the way, I'm unable to find the USB device recognition that you mentioned. Is this located in Settings > Device connection > USB Connectivity in your device?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christofer
Champion

Hi @ricci,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new Xperia C5 Ultra Dual. Slightly_smiling_Face I'm sorry to say that USB Ethernet isn't supported by this device though.

ricci
Visitor

Hello Christofer,

thank you very much for your kind reply.

In fact , i saw that under Settings the USB device recognition is greyed out. Is that only on the Stock Rom or won't that change on later versions of the Firmware for the C5?

Could you please tell me which later versions oy Sony Xperia Smartphones have this functionality?

i choose the C5 because of the low Sar Value (which is not Sony's strength, though) and i found the device appealing (also remembering the very good Z Ultra) - but i would like to use the Ethernet adapter for updates and downloads - this is very important for me .

Unfortunately, the compact versions all have very high SAR and also the loudspeaker lacks in clarity, especially during phone calls - here i hope in the C5 - but Ethernet adapter comes also very handy.

Christofer
Champion

I'm afraid that I'm not aware of any planned changes that would include USB Ethernet support. It is currently supported in Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z3+, Z4 Tablet, Z5, Z5 Compact and Z5 Premium.

By the way, I'm unable to find the USB device recognition that you mentioned. Is this located in Settings > Device connection > USB Connectivity in your device?

ricci
Visitor

it did function also on the Xperia Ultra which was a really good phone.

Hopefully Sony (now the TV Guys-section?) can restore this functionality as it is really helpful.