Join now - be part of our community!

No sms chat service

J777
Visitor

No sms chat service

Hello there can't seem to find option to switch from Sms to chat settings in menu ?

Anyone help here 

Cheers 

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel1
Visitor

Hi @J777, let me see if I can give you some information here. 

Rich Communication Services (RCS) is a messaging standard designed to replace SMS. It is also marketed as Advanced Messaging, Advanced Communications, joyn, Message+, and SMS+. RCS is provided by mobile operators, and it's supported by Android devices using the Android Messages app from Google.

With the RCS standard, a number of functionalities are added to the messaging application on your device.  For example, RCS allows you to attach high-resolution pictures, videos and audio to your messages, and enables you to chat with other RCS users. If the person that receives the message doesn't have RCS support, the message is converted into an SMS/MMS message.

Xperia C4 does not have Android Messages as standard and can't use this unfortunately. 

Let me know if there is any more questions. 

profile.country.GB.title
James35w
Explorer

Hm, I do not know about the options, but I know that there are different applications for smschats. I myself use them very often. They work as separate applications, they are also included in the chat settings and an icon or shortcut from this app appears there, but you can use them to insert images with texts for example, Good Night SMS is very popular now. I communicate with the girl and I like to send different short and pleasant teksty with pictures. If I understand you correctly, this information can help you. Can you be more specific about your question? I don't think I understand you very well:)

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Try Signal, safe & secure.

When sending messages to non-Signal users you will be sending SMS messages.

All other messages are a better kind of WhatsApp.

At present, WhatsApp collects and shares a range of data from its users, including name and phone numbers, the location of the user’s internet connection and financial transactions made over WhatsApp, along with contacts and status updates.