Join now - be part of our community!

camera wont turn on

profile.country.GB.title
mariavb16
Explorer

camera wont turn on

I was transfering pictures via wifi a few weeks ago and suddenly my camera turned off and refuses to turn on since. I had a good battery in at the time, have done research and have tried holding the power botton down muliple times, as well as charging and put in both batteries I have for the camera. I also just tried pluging it into my computer, still nothing. I have a sony cyber shot DSC-HX80 camera that I bought on amazon in november. I haven't used it much until last month when i went on vacation. There is a red light that blinks next to the battery when I put it in but i'm not sure what that means beyong giving me hope that there is still life in the camera. I love this camera, I got some awesome shots with it during my vacation but am extremly disappointed that its haven't problems so soon after getting it when i've barely used it. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Maria,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please note that the battery pack will discharge by itself even if you do not use it. Can you try charging the battery pack again before use.  If you have tried this, could you let me know if you see any error messages?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
mariavb16
Explorer

Sean

I charged my battery all night, this morning I put it in, red botton started blinking, but nothing happened when I pressed the power or play back botton. I get no error message, or anything of any kind. The battery was fairly new when it shut off on its own while transfering pictures when this all started. Anything else I can try?

-Maria

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @mariavb16 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If the power pack was fully charged and you still have had no luck

I would contact Support on +44 (0) 2073652810

profile.country.GB.title
mariavb16
Explorer

that number doesn't seem to work, nor does any number for sony that i can find. hence me coming to this community board for help