Join now - be part of our community!

RX100M7 Unsteady / flickering 4k video

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

RX100M7 Unsteady / flickering 4k video

I have a problem with the quality of 4k video footage. Unsteady / flickering results in environments with a lot of sun. Especially bad in auto setting. Gets somewhat better with shutter priority with the following settings. XAVC S 4K - 25p 100M - shutter 1/50 auto ISO - auto WB.
Have also tried a variable ND KF True color 2-32 ND filter (with filter adapter from Filtermag). Still uneven and flickering result.
I hope someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

I think I have figured out my uneven 4k result. Uses the following settings XAVC S 4K - 25p 100M - shutter 1/50 (180 degree rule) auto ISO - manual WB (removed much of the unevenness with the "correct" setting of WB) This with active use of the ND filter, it has become a good result. There are certainly opportunities for improvement, but it is just a matter of trying. 

That is the joy of having photography / video as a hobby.
Thank you for your interest

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Can you share an example with the issue?

profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

Video must be displayed with 4K resolution. With 1K resolution, the error is not visible.

profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

Video must be displayed with 4K resolution. With 1K resolution, the error is not visible.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Not sure to understand where you see “flickering”.

I see a “choppy” video, that is why the 180 degree rule exists.

You know? https://youtu.be/X4vg1Qmb0Eg?si=3sa1g6Fc6mv7DuE0

profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

And you seen this in 4k res.?

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Try to take a screenshot and draw a circle in the area where you see the fliker, it can help to understand

profile.country.NO.title
Per-Jonny
Explorer

I think I have figured out my uneven 4k result. Uses the following settings XAVC S 4K - 25p 100M - shutter 1/50 (180 degree rule) auto ISO - manual WB (removed much of the unevenness with the "correct" setting of WB) This with active use of the ND filter, it has become a good result. There are certainly opportunities for improvement, but it is just a matter of trying. 

That is the joy of having photography / video as a hobby.
Thank you for your interest