Join now - be part of our community!

SMS doesn't alert with sound - Xperia E Dual

SOLVED
rpm0759
Visitor

SMS doesn't alert with sound - Xperia E Dual

Hello,

I have been using Xperia E Dual for the past six weeks. When I receive an SMS, it doesn't alert me with sound.  I became aware of this only two weeks ago, but the problem may have started well before that since I am not a heavy user. I initially had ICS when I became aware of the problem, but the problem remains even after I upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 last week. The phone rings with sound and the alarm is audible - no problem there. I played with various settings but nothing seems to remedy the problem. Is there anything particular I may have overlooked?

Thank you for any suggestion you might make.

rpm0759

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Have you checked Messages > [Menu] > Settings > Notification?

Also check Settings > Sound > Notification.

The first one overrides the other one, in order to enable usage of different tones for standard notifications and SMS/message notifications.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samuel1
Hero

Have you checked Messages > [Menu] > Settings > Notification?

Also check Settings > Sound > Notification.

The first one overrides the other one, in order to enable usage of different tones for standard notifications and SMS/message notifications.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

rpm0759
Visitor

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for the reply.

The second setting had some tone turned on but, as you indicated, the first setting overrode the second one. I have now selected some tone in the first setting (which was set to 'none' previously) and everything is fine now.

Thanks once again for your help.

rpm0750

Samuel1
Hero

I'm glad to hear! Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

rini_wijayanti
Visitor

Dear Samuel,

I also have the same problem. But, in my case 3 days ago the alert of notification and SMS is worked well, and suddenly the alert for SMS doesn't work. It's just vibrating. I've tried to do the setting above but it still doesn't work. How can I do to fix this problem? Really need your help.

Thanks.