Join now - be part of our community!

Bad surround sound from Android TV Netflix

profile.country.CZ.title
DefinitionHigh2010
New

Bad surround sound from Android TV Netflix

I just bought TCL 65EP663 Android TV, connected it to my Sony amplifier (AV receiver) STR-DH520 to get perfect surround sound. ARC connection is powered by brand new high end HDMI cable.
The problem is when I play any Netflix original with 5.1 audio track, I hear only part of the audio, its like some sounds are missing and also all speech is missing. When changed to stereo audio track it is OK, but I want to enjoy the surround sound.
Can you please help me solve this issue? Do you have any suggestions?

I manualy updated TV with USB stick to latest version (V8-R851T02-LF1V378.016574)

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Is it happening only with Netflix or also with other streaming services?

Have you checked the digital out settings of the TV?

It sounds like the digital signal does contain only the left and right channel of the audio stream.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.CZ.title
DefinitionHigh2010
New

It is working now.

I dont know exactly how it happened.
I tried new Receiver (790), and get same problem, part sounds only.
Then tried Google app Movies, and here it works fine, full audio.
Then tried change back to old Receiver (520) to try if it will work full audio on Google Movies too.
And it worked. So again tried Netflix app and it started working too! Full audio!
Lost two days solving this problem and it is now solved by changin nothing? (mean settings)
Maybe Netflix was updated to new version, mayble its "android problem" and Google app somehow caused audio work as it should...

Thanks anybody, have a nice day!