Join now - be part of our community!

DAV-F200 connectivity

profile.country.GB.title
Highlandish
Explorer

DAV-F200 connectivity

I have a Sony DAV-F200 connected to my Sony Bravia TV with HDMI

I'd like to play my MP3 player (3.5mm output) and suchlike through the DAV-F200.  

Is there any way of doing that please?

Second question; Is there a DMPort connection adaptor lead available anywhere (i.e. DMPort to female 3.5mm)?

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunatly if tehre isn't a solution, I will have a perfect condition DAV-F200 that is effectively junk as I need more connectivity.  I hope you can help

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Highlandish,

doesn't the control unit have a Chinch (white/red) input?

If so, you can use any 3.5mm to Chinch cable to connect your MP3-player to it.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Highlandish

The DMPort is a digital input, so you're unlikely to be able to use anything with a 3.5mm jack connection on it. 

The DAV-F200 does have an analogue input to the rear for which you'll need a 3.5mm male to twin male phono lead, and they're widely available. 

Hope that works out for you.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Highlandish
Explorer

Sincere thanks to you both for your speedy assistance.

I fear I may be displaying my totally ignorance here....

,,,but that is where my TV audio is connected.

If I unplug those phono leads, my sound stops.  In other words, my audio isn't being transmtted (or received) via HDMI.  Should it be?

Yours, in all humilty(!)

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Highlandish,

does your TV have an optical-out (TOSLINK)? If so I would use this to connect to the DAV-F200 instead of the chinch cable, so the chinch-port is free for your MP3-player.

I don't know if it and your TV support ARC, which they both would need in order to transmit audio via HDMI.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Highlandish
Explorer

Hi Nic

You;re very kind to give my Q your attention.  Thank you so much.   You sound like a real expert howver unfortunatly you're dealing with a fullsome ignoramus in me!

I don't think my TV has a TOSLINK connection. (Not that I know what one is; sorry).  I'm not even sure what a chinch cable is either.  As for ARC, I thought that was either trigonometry or a sailing race.  I'm very sorry (but honest in my lack of knowledge).  One thing is for sure, the DAV-F200 manual is not user friendly in the slightest to anyone below expert level.

By the way, should my audio be carried via teh HDMI?

My TC is a Bravia KDL-40D3500 lest that helps.

Sincere thanks to all who take the trouble to read this and attemot to help.  I'm mighty grateful