Join now - be part of our community!

Hard disk RDR-HXD870 lost digital channels

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SteveIReeve
Explorer

Hard disk RDR-HXD870 lost digital channels

This is an old device but until a recent retune it worked. It is running firmware 1.44. It now looses all digital channels overnight. I have tried to update to firmware 1.70 including via 1.66 but nothing is happening. I get no error messages. I get LOAD and DISC-DWLD the draw opens I remove disc the draw closes and the recorder goes to standby. Much later I turn it on and there are no channels and no update of software. Is there any help out there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

And while I remember...

1/  If you have a CD-RW then try that. Format first.

2/ Burn the file using using Ashampoo ISO 9660 Level 1 option. This is very important.

3/ I used 'Signalex' ??? CDR's from Poundland. It seemed a waste of top branded names just for a one off use.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
SteveIReeve
Explorer

Yes tried a factory reset. So far holding digital channels but still unable to load firmware 1.66 or 1.70. Using Verbatim CD-R discs both have their burn session finished. Still recorder not interested in the update just closes down. However if digital channels held and recording works will stick with old firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveIReeve
Explorer

Wooops all digital channels gone again will try factory reset again. Made it to the 3rd day!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Try this (its 10 posts from the last on page 4) using Ashampoo Burning Studio Freeware.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/sony-hxd870-recorder-will-not-work-pr...

You may need to update to 1.66 first (from memory) and then the update to the latest.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

And while I remember...

1/  If you have a CD-RW then try that. Format first.

2/ Burn the file using using Ashampoo ISO 9660 Level 1 option. This is very important.

3/ I used 'Signalex' ??? CDR's from Poundland. It seemed a waste of top branded names just for a one off use.

Capture.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
SteveIReeve
Explorer

Cheers had come to similar conclusion checked formatting of CDs and got UDF and not ISO 9660. Have used up all my cd-r will get some cd-rw. Will be in contact when I have built and tried new discs. I have been using isoburn. Thanks to all for support.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Good luck, hope its successful. 

profile.country.GB.title
SteveIReeve
Explorer

Using the version I have of Ashampoo I was able to built the disc with .mem file. The format shows as CDFS on windows 10. Everything has loaded 1.66 and then 1.70 just have to wait and see if the digital channel tuning stays in place. Will post again in a week if all goes well or even if it does not. Thanks for all the help. Ashampoo did what I was not able to do with ISOburn. For anyone else with this problem if  after DISC-DWLD everything shuts down check out the disc formatting.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thats great news. Fingers crossed that all is OK.