Join now - be part of our community!

Help - Soundbar Keeps Changing To Bluetooth On Idle

djbartuk
New

Help - Soundbar Keeps Changing To Bluetooth On Idle

The Sky box is connected to the TV by HDMI and the TV is connected to the soundbar by optical out. I have no other connections into or out of the soundbar.

The TV model is Sony 60w850b.

I am not pairing any Bluetooth device with either the soundbar or the TV. Although I have paired my phone to use the SongPal App. However now the Bluetooth on my phone is set to off.

There seems to be a hdmi out control off the soundbar so I'm wondering if that should perhaps have a hdmi cable ran from it into the TV. I know in store when looking at them working together something came up on the TV when attempting to pair a Bluetooth device display wise suggesting downloading the app. With only an optical cable linking the two obviously the TV is receiving no image from the soundbar.

Incidentally with my current set up the power on and off on the remote control doesn't switch the soundbar on or off. However if I connect to it via the SongPal App I can turn it off that way.

Regards

Chris
4 REPLIES 4
djbartuk
New

The soundbar is a Sony ht ct770
djbartuk
New

The problem I'm experiencing is when the soundbar is on TV mode and I'm watching Sky TV if I pause it after about 5 mins the bar auto switches to Bluetooth so when I u pause sky there's obviously no sound. If I only pause for a few mins it's fine and it stays on TV mode on the bar
profile.country.GB.title
pbeast
New

profile.country.GB.title
pbeast
New