Join now - be part of our community!

HTMT 500 Sounbar

PhilGst
New

HTMT 500 Sounbar

Hello,

wondering if anyone has had the following problem with their htmt500.

I turned my TV on today and the led display on the soundbar didn’t give any message i.e Please Wait....I then realised that my subwoofer was not working either. Tried the remote to set the display but nothing happened and the volume control for the SW also did nothing. Went to the setup page and tried to reconnect the SW but it couldnt get a connection, I noticed that I was also no longer connected to my home wifi so tried to set that up again but it couldnt find the server.. after a reset I tried again but got the same result. I also see that I have no firmware version listed. I tried updating via USB but got a message that it was up to date. Switch off and on after a few hours and same again, no BT or Wifi connection. 

I presume something on the PCB is u/s and it will probably need to be repaired, big issue for me is my nearest sony centre is about 200 miles away! I also think the cost of repair may not be worth it.

Any ideas on what might be wrong.

Thanks

Phil

any suggestions

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Phil,

Did you reset the system to factory defaults via the menu or did you perform a power reset by holding down the power button for more than 5 seconds?

You might want to try the other option if you haven't performed both of them already.

Another thing you might want to try is disconnecting the units from mains for some minutes.

Cheers

Peter