Join now - be part of our community!

I have a BT tv box used with a Sony KD49XE8005 tv and a Sony ST DN1080 AV receiver for surround sou

profile.country.GB.title
Ridewoodwoody
New

I have a BT tv box used with a Sony KD49XE8005 tv and a Sony ST DN1080 AV receiver for surround sou

I have a BT tv box used with a Sony KD49XE8005 tv and a Sony  ST DN1080 AV receiver for surround sound.

When fast forwarding recorded programmes the sound is lost and only restarting the BT box restores it. The Bt box is connected directly to the tv via an HDMI cable and the tv to the AV receiver also by HDMI cable. 

This is only a problem when getting the sound through the AV receiver not when using the tv’s speakers. Several BT engineer visits have failed the problem. So the issue seems to be with the AV receiver.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Have you tried connecting the BT box to the AV processor and connecting the AV processor to the TV

via the eARC/ ARC HDMI out put to the TVs eARC/ ARC HDMI input.

Have you tried two different HDMI cables to see if the fault may lie there.

Ensure the HDMI cables are firmly seated in the HDMI port.

Use good quality HDMI cables.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Ridewoodwoody 

Have you, or the BT engineers, carried out a Maintenance Mode Option 2 reset of the BT box? If not, try one of those. It will preserve your recordings quite safely.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Although you are blaming the receiver, it is the BT YouView box you are power cycling to restore the sound.

That seems wrong to me; does not compute.

If the receiver were at fault, then this is the item I would expect to have to power cycle to fix the issue. Have you tried this?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…