Join now - be part of our community!

Sony dn-1080 Sound Field Issue

profile.country.GB.title
ldmartin
New

Sony dn-1080 Sound Field Issue

Hey guys!

I'm using a new 1080 for my 4.0 setup - two Q Acoustic 3050s at the front, two 3010s as satellites. I've been really enjoying the surround sound in the (recommended) ADF sound field. However, voices pan SO HARD to the left, I can't bare it. It's exactly the same in Neural X and Dolby Surround. I realise a centre channel would really strengthen things down the middle, but I'm baffled as to why things actually pan.

To balance it out, I've had to boost the right front by 1.5dB (auto-calibration keeps all speakers at 0). 

Switching the sound field to Direct sorts this out completely (with no level alteration), with voices coming bang down the middle. 

I'm new to this but maybe someone could shed some light on the situation.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Idmartin,

Does this happen with all content or with just some?

It might be related to the content itself which might affect the auto format decoding.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
ldmartin
New

Hi Peter!

I believe it happens with all video content. Definitely on main sources anyway (BT TV Box, Amazon, Chromecast etc). It's been bugging me on everything so assume so.

As I said, I've corrected it with a boost on the right front, but this will translate to the other sound fields as well, so my music may be off balance now.