Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-AS5 Home Cinema Fault

m77erj
New

Sony HT-AS5 Home Cinema Fault

Hi, First post on here.

I have the HT-AS5 home cinema surround system which is a superb system especially having the 3 x HDMI inputs to choose from.

Had it a few years now. In August last year we had a lightening storm bad one night and I think it has fried some part of the unit. I cant select which HDMI to view and play sound from.

Any ideas?

I wondered if replacing this part would be a solution?

http://uk.eetgroup.com/i/A1772450A-Sony-HDMI-MT-S-Assembly

Thanks

James

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am wondering if you have exhausted other routes first?  You could try a factory reset of the unit?

HT-AS5.jpg

Have you also tried other HDMI cables?  Are you able to output any sound at all - even sound from the TV using the ARC feature?

Not being a electronics technician and not seeing the unit for myself, I cannot advise you on whether its a hardware fault.  If you can play audio via other methods but not being able to select HDMI inputs, then it does stand to reason that the HDMI ports/board could be faulty - but then that does not exclude the case of multiple parts being faulty too.

THe best thing to really advise is to get it looked at by an authorised Sony repair centre:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

m77erj
New

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I had another look last night after your message.

I tried the reset as shown below and in the manual but made no difference.

I tried replacing the HDMI from SAT box to unit no difference.

I have two HDMI's that run behind wall to TV so both performed the same i.e. I get sound through the HDMI but no picture as have SAT box and Blu Ray player connected to unit and both played sound so I know the sound isnt via Optical cable (Which is connected to SAT box too).

I think my only option is to contact a repair centre or replace.

Thanks again