Join now - be part of our community!

str-dn1080 conected to LG C8 on screen volume level over cec

profile.country.GB.title
strontium_dog
Explorer

str-dn1080 conected to LG C8 on screen volume level over cec

I have a str-dn1080 amp connected over e-arc to a LG C8 TV which is controlled via cec. This works and controls the TV power and volume up and down, the only really annoying issue is the on screen display only shows the volume up and down and not the number or level of volume.

I've played with all the settings but I'm starting to think this is a firmware or compatability issue. 

Can any one suggest how I raise this with Sony to investigate and possibly raise a bug or issue with their software department to resolve.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @strontium_dog,

out of curiosity - why would you need the arbitrary "level-number"?

I know that usually one tries to turn the volume to a level divisible by 10 or 5, but these numbers don't mean anything.

The sound is either too low, just right or too loud. I don't really see why you would need it to say 20, 25 or 30!?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
strontium_dog
Explorer

Sure I agree you can just use your ears for the volume level and I'm not saying it's a deal breaker. But it is annoying that the level is not shown on the TV.

I guess I was just hoping that someone in the community may have an answer to this problem.