Join now - be part of our community!

Media sound not working in Xperia P

SOLVED
narefeen2003
Visitor

Media sound not working in Xperia P

Hello everyone,

I play asphalt7 in my xperia on regular basis. There was no problem. Last night when I opened asphalt,it opened silently, though my phone wasn’t on silent mode. And after that my whole media sound is not working at all. I have tried in every way to bring it back; even I have done factory reset. But still no media sound (which includes Walkman, apps , video).please help!!!! Slightly_frowning_Face
thanks in advance for ur help

12 REPLIES 12
Fluffy-Sneakers
Visitor

Hey, I have the same phone if it's still not working after unplugging your headphones, try leaving your headphones in and restarting the phone with them still connected. 

Ahat
Visitor

For anyone having this problem, I've had it twice and this is what I've found:

With both the times its happened to me there's been water in the headphone jack so it thinks there's headphones, then not, then headphones, then not etc. so it keeps cancelling the sound. If you ether leave it pong enough or try to dry out the headphone jack it should work.

Beautybomb
Visitor

I just ran a graphite pencil inside the speaker/headset port. It worked. I learned this from another site that said to put graphite powder in and shake out the excess. I don't have graphite powder  but I have a pencil and as soon as I did I, I could hear sounds coming out from the speaker again! I have an Xperia xa1 ultra.