Join now - be part of our community!

xperia p black screen

SOLVED
highsider
Visitor

xperia p black screen

High can anyone help out there.

My xperia p screen just went black for no reason phone was charged but when I pressed the power button to light the screen nothing happened. the light bar did light up but sreen did nothing. I carried out the force close procedure and phone vibrated to incate it worked. I power back on but screen still doesnt work.

I also tried follow the procedure I found in another discussion here.

ie through pc compannion (repairphone) but when I get to the stage of holding the vol down button and then connecting phone usb nothing happens.

It is not recogniseing the connection so nothing is happening it wont go to the next stage of the update.the red light at the ear piece comes comes on after i have released the vol down button:smileyconfused:

12 REPLIES 12
jakexion
Visitor

CooL!!

It happened twice to my old XperiaP during a usage of two years. I replaced the display for around 1k each time. On the third time it's kept in trash. (Can't throw it away!). I've been using Xperia XA Dual for one year and for two-three days the software crashes frequently. I've done factory reset twice further to the crash. Still problem persists. I need to repair my Vaio first or find an other Laptop to install Xperia Companion. I had successfully updated OS on my Xperia J and P earlier. Hope it'll fix.

Tk1331
Visitor

Any luck with a solution? Have d same problem wid m xperia M2 dual 

OK so my wife dropped her Xperia 10 II earlier today and although it would still vibrate and the power light was on (intermittently) the screen was black and completely dead.

Long story short is I removed the back of the phone and just above where the charging cable goes into the connector I pressed around (inside the open circuit area) and right at the bottom was a small black plastic section which when I pressed it it seemed to 'snap' back into place, what must have happened when my wife dropped her phone is it literally shook something loose inside and that prevented the image from being displayed.

After pressing the small bit of plastic (smaller than a penny in size, square-ish in shape and black) and it 'clicking' back into place the phone instantly came on and has been perfect since.

I must have tried the volume up + power button 100 times before this, and also removing the shatter proof protective plastic too, all to no avail.

Hope this helps someone.