Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

148 REPLIES 148
Mikey86uk
Explorer

Thanks for the update. 

Wonder if we will get anywhere with this Motionflow thing. 

Kinda starting to think we wont get anywhere with this, but time will tell i guess. 

stealthinde

Yep! This time or never, I fear.

stealthinde

Thank you for your patience. With regard to the MotionFlow issue, I would appreciate your reply with a video that shows the effect of altering the scene selection so we proceed with our investigations even if it does not make any difference.

I await your reply with anticipation.

:rolling_eyes:

stealthinde

In the meantime, I have always wondered how I can find the panel model of a TV, search for specs and see specific tech data.

Everyone knows how to find this kind of informations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Try this website:

http://www.panelook.com/

Cheers

stealthinde

@Quinnicus wrote:

HI there

Try this website:

http://www.panelook.com/

Cheers

Hey! Thanks for the link, but, how can I find what panel is in my TV?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its very difficult without knowing specifics - of which are hard to get hold of.  I "believe" that the W6 series use AUO panels, and by a little searching around, I have come up with this as the most likely candidate.

http://www.panelook.com/T420HVN04.0_AUO_42_LCM_overview_18709.html

Note: I could be wrong though - so please dont take this as fact.

Cheers

stealthinde

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Its very difficult without knowing specifics - of which are hard to get hold of.  I "believe" that the W6 series use AUO panels, and by a little searching around, I have come up with this as the most likely candidate.

http://www.panelook.com/T420HVN04.0_AUO_42_LCM_overview_18709.html

Note: I could be wrong though - so please dont take this as fact.

Cheers

I think that the only way to be shure is to open up the TV! :dizzy:

Thanks mate!

stealthinde

Nothing big, just to let you know that I stick on the front line! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience. With regard to the MotionFlow issue, I am afraid that we are still working on your case to get this issue resolved or clarified and I will keep you informed with any updates on the investigations progress and outcome.

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Reply.

Time is not a big deal, one week more or less does not change much.
The important thing is that the issue has been recognized and, hopefully, will be resolved (hours or days does not matter).
Ken1969
Explorer

Hi guys..was thinking of buying this tv...apart from the issue of the motion flow what are your thoughts on the picture quality and quality of the tv...
The motion flow issue seems to be a problem for sony has it clearly states motion flow on the product page...so I wish you all luck with that...
But any other thoughts on the tv
,cheers guys