Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD49xe7005 sound dropout

SOLVED
profile.country.BG.title
Brutallize
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD49xe7005 sound dropout

Hello everyone. Today I bought Sony KD49xe7005. The TV is nice and all but when I conneted it to my PC via HDMI cable I got sound drop-outs. The sounds is coming and going and its really annoying. I read a lot of articles about it but none of them solving my problems. I'm with the lastest official update of the firmwere. When I connect my PS4 I don't have a problem but when I connect PC there is a problem. I tried all 3 HDMIs and no luck. I tried to turn off clear audio and sync but no luck too. When the sound comes and goes the gray bar on the top shows , showing the resolution and the Stereo type of audio. I also tried with mini subwoofer. Same thing with the woofer. Audio drop-outs. I don't have idea what to do but its not cool. Its brand new TV. Literally 2 hours old TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BG.title
Brutallize
Explorer

Okay. I got it fixed. I was thinking what it could be. Its from the cable. Its10m and it doesn't have problems with my ps4 or my old tv because ps4 is 1080p and the tv was 720p. But now in 4K it has problems deliverig everything. So its from the cable. Doesnt transfer enough bandwith for audio and video. This is the problem. Maybe Iwill go and buy new cable, although they are a bit pricy here, but I will look into it. Thanks for your replays and trying to help me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Brutallize,

did it work with your previous TV or can you test it with another TV?

Maybe it is an issue related to your PC or the HDMI-cable is defective (that would explain, why it happens with every HDMI-port).

- Nic

profile.country.BG.title
Brutallize
Explorer

Yes , It was working perfectly fine with my other TV. Also I tried the same HDMI cable with the PS4 and there was no problem too. I tried also to tweak some PC settings but same thing. I don't think its from any of my devices or cables. I tried also diffrent HDMI and its the same things. At the start its all good but 3-4 mins later it starts to do that. I mean the dropout are HEAVY. THey are non-stop. Also like I said the gray banner on top is show EVERYTIME when some sound appears. Also the TV got stuck 2 times while I was browsing the sound settings therefore I had to pull it out of the wall to get it unstuck. I think the TV is trying to do something but idk what. And at some point just lags.

profile.country.BG.title
Brutallize
Explorer

Okay. I got it fixed. I was thinking what it could be. Its from the cable. Its10m and it doesn't have problems with my ps4 or my old tv because ps4 is 1080p and the tv was 720p. But now in 4K it has problems deliverig everything. So its from the cable. Doesnt transfer enough bandwith for audio and video. This is the problem. Maybe Iwill go and buy new cable, although they are a bit pricy here, but I will look into it. Thanks for your replays and trying to help me!