Join now - be part of our community!

TPM chip for Windows 11

profile.country.GB.title
Greenman1947
Explorer

TPM chip for Windows 11

Hi

Does anyone know if the Vaio SVE laptops have a TPM chip. I've run the check suggested by Microsoft and did not find a chip but I am told that it may need to be turned on in the BIOS. Otherwise it looks like I can't use Win 11.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Lord_viridis, if you're going to download outside of the Vaio centre maybe. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
StephenCBanks
Explorer

Thank's for nice post

profile.country.US.title
KatrinWalk
Explorer

I found out about the TPM 2.0 module to install Windows 11 when I was installing it. Laptops with the TPM 2.0 module have been available since 2017 from the most popular brands, including Microsoft, ASUS, and Lenovo. But since I had to replace the motherboard, I consequently had to buy a windows 11 key, now offered by online platforms such as DCM.

profile.country.US.title
KatrinWalk
Explorer

I found out about the TPM 2.0 module to install Windows 11 when I was installing it. Laptops with the TPM 2.0 module have been available since 2017 from the most popular brands, including Microsoft, ASUS, and Lenovo. But since I had to replace the motherboard, I consequently had to buy a windows 11 key, now offered by online platforms such as DCM. UEFI settings may differ on different motherboards, but not much, and the option itself may be called differently: TPM, TPM Device, Security Chip, fTPM. I also had to download the drivers for the Vaio chipsets at https://ru.drvhub.net/devices/chipsets/vaio.

profile.country.GB.title
JasonRussell
Explorer

Hi there! From what you've mentioned, it seems like you may need to enable it in the BIOS in order to use Windows 11. Have you tried accessing the BIOS settings to see if you can locate the TPM chip option?