Join now - be part of our community!

Docking stations for Walkman

chcolli63
New

Docking stations for Walkman

OK, so I decided I want to buy a docking station for my Walkman NWZ-S764 - and was browsing around Dubai Mall. I don't want to buy a stand-alone HiFi system as I want to keep things compact.

So there's a Sony shop in Dubai Mall and I went in thinking that, of all place,s I should be able to find what I'm looking for here. But no. Sony don't make a dedicated docking station for their Walkman range of personal MP3/4 players. They do make Alarm Clock docking stations but I just want a decent set of speakers, without cables, for my Walkman, not an alarm clock added in. But they DO make one that's compatible with iPod...!

Isn't that just a bit strange? Why are Sony promoting, indeed ENCOURAGING me to go and buy an iPod and discard my Walkman?? Isn't it time Sony and other audio manufacturers woke up to the possibility that not EVERYONE is a slave to Apple's i-this and i-that...!?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
ilovemywalkman
Explorer

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have two Sony mp3 players, upgraded because of storage space.  I'm now considering buying something with even more storage.  Love Sony products, but now have to seriously consider the Ipod classic because of storage issues, docking station availability and price.  Sony - you really need to start competing with Apple.  Not everyone wants Apple products, and for those of us who want to stay loyal to Sony quality and products, you are not helping yourselves, and you are giving us no other option other than to try Apple.