Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U and Samsung Galaxy Tab

profile.country.en_GB.title
digitaldj
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U and Samsung Galaxy Tab

Hi folks.

Just purchased MEX-BT3900U bluetooth car audio unit. Paired it up to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet phone (android) and I can't get it to use the phones contacts list to make an outgoing call. Is this just a compatability issue, or do I need to search deeper on either unit for them to share??

Thanks in anticipation.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi digitaldj,

I'm not sure about a definitive answer to this as I'm not familiar with the Samsung Galaxy phone.

Bluetooth connection and functionality depends on the 'profiles' that devices support.  I'll give an example of what I mean: HFP (Hands Free Profile) allows phone calls to be made over Bluetooth, but if you additionally wanted to stream stereo music, both devices also need to have A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile).  It doesn't always follow that having one profile automatically means you have them all.

In your case, PBAP is required (Phone Book Access Profile).  The MEX-BT3900U certainly supports this, but whether the Galaxy also does I don't know - that could be the problem?

The other thought that occurs to me is that with Android phones, you have a choice of where you create your contacts - either on the phone, or on your Google account - where do you keep your contacts?  If you keep them on your Google account (benefit of being able to share contacts across any other Android devices you may have, and your computer etc), I'm guessing the PBAP functionality would not be able to access it here as it isn't technically on the phone's phone book (if you see what I mean!).

If your contacts are on your Google account, you could always create a contact on the phone's memory and see if the MEX-BT3900U can see this - if not I guess it might be back to the phone not supporting PBAP.

Not sure if this helps. :thinking: