Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-W273 sports walkman

SOLVED
rugordo
New

NWZ-W273 sports walkman

I am trying to set this Sports Walkman up from new. I have successfully gone through the install of Media Go and the manual, and plugged into my Windows laptop via the USB and it has fully charged, however the device does not show up in either MediaGo or iTunes. When I plug the Walkman USB it is recognised by Windows and shows up as WALKMAN in "My Computer", however when I click the +, no Storage Media, or Music folders show up. According to the manual the folder structure should be " Select [start] – [Computer] or [My Computer] – [WALKMAN] – [Storage Media] - [Music]. I cannot find a way to get any further. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rugordo
New

I have solved the problem myself after a few attempts. I followed the instructions to reset, then reformat the walkman. Then I read that when switched on the next time, the (empty) database would be recreated, so I switched it on and left it for a while. Next time I plugged it into the Windows XP SP3 laptop, Media Go started up and there the device was... at last!

I did originally follow the set up instructions, so why the database was not correctly set up in the first pace suggests an error somewhere in the automatic process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rugordo
New

I have solved the problem myself after a few attempts. I followed the instructions to reset, then reformat the walkman. Then I read that when switched on the next time, the (empty) database would be recreated, so I switched it on and left it for a while. Next time I plugged it into the Windows XP SP3 laptop, Media Go started up and there the device was... at last!

I did originally follow the set up instructions, so why the database was not correctly set up in the first pace suggests an error somewhere in the automatic process.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Excellent :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know the solution.