Join now - be part of our community!

Syncing tracks from Media Player 11

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Syncing tracks from Media Player 11

Have just been given an NWZ-B173. When trying to sync an album from Media Player, all the tracks show an error message stating that it is not possible to obtain the device's certificate. Typical meaningless Microsoft garbage!! Can anyone advise how I get this certificate?

Alternatively, my PC still has the Sonic Stage software which came with my Walkman NW-E013F loaded. Can I use this instead of Media Player?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

FYI, have now spoken to Sony helpline. Am informed this device is specifically built for downloading tracks from free internet music sites. It can't be used for downloading tracks copied to PC from one of your own CDs as this requires a licence. Pity this fact is not included in the "Technical Specification" on Amazon's site. Mine has been returned to them as being unfit for intended purpose.

Message was edited by: 23858858

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
flogman
Visitor

Have been having same problem with NWZ-B172model.  I have not been able to download any music to the player.

Visitor

FYI, have now spoken to Sony helpline. Am informed this device is specifically built for downloading tracks from free internet music sites. It can't be used for downloading tracks copied to PC from one of your own CDs as this requires a licence. Pity this fact is not included in the "Technical Specification" on Amazon's site. Mine has been returned to them as being unfit for intended purpose.

Message was edited by: 23858858