Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 ANC white noise

profile.country.FI.title
Jounipen
New

WH-1000XM3 ANC white noise

Hi, I recently bought these headphones and noticed that when enabling the ANC there is some audible white noise introduced (as do most noice cancelling headphones). But it seems to the coming almost exclusively from the left earcup so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Sony support said that it is normal but of course they would. I have the latest firmware installed.

Also on a sidenote I do have to say that while these are great at blocking low frequency sounds, they do hardly anything for higher frequencies. I read that some people experienced lowered ANC performance after firmware updates so maybe that has something to do with it.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, for the noise canceling try the steps here: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0001703070.html

For the white noise, does it happen in certain cases or while leaving a room?

profile.country.FI.title
Jounipen
New

The issue is not with the ANC not working. My question is about the white noise that comes with the ANC enabled, specifically about the white noise coming only from the left earcup. It's constant and the environment or anything else doesn't affect it. The noise itself isn't so loud that you can hear it listening to music for example, but listening to something like a podcast it is audible. But again, my main question is: is it normal that the white noise comes from the left side only? I only want to verify if the headpones are faulty or not.