Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM5 Broken headband

profile.country.GB.title
Niejurek
New

WH-1000XM5 Broken headband

Hello, after 6 months from the purchase of the headphones, the headband from the headphone guide broke. I didn't do anything, just putting them on as usual, I felt that something snapped in the fastening.

As for me, this is a defect of the headphones, because in the reviews of these headphones in the UK Sony and one customer had this situation in exactly the same place as my headphones.
I am sending a printscreen of mine and the one from the UK review. Unfortunately, the service in Poland sent me this message: Good morning,

In the case of physical damage and product defects, you can appeal to the Sony helpline, tel. 22 306 06 94 or via the website www.sony.pl

For the service, the described damage is physical damage and cannot be repaired under the manufacturer's warranty

Replacing the headband costs about PLN 620 gross
This is daylight robbery, because the repair price is almost half the price of headphones bought in Poland. And if two customers in the same place breaks the headband, it is definitely a product defect, not bad use!

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3127.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Niejurek, ask them to send it for inspection first, the engineers will be able to tell if it's a production defect or not. Mostly this is a chargeable service if it turned out to be an accidental damage, which isn't covered in any warranty in any brand by the way, so sorry. 

From the looks of it, it appears to be accidental damage in my opinion too. 😞