Join now - be part of our community!

What is the best file format for the nwz z1060

profile.country.en_GB.title
jomcgin59
Visitor

What is the best file format for the nwz z1060

Currently all my music files are in atrac codec, and think Im looking to get the best sound out of my new nwz z1060, so insted of converting to mp3, I would rather import form cd, and edit files, folder, artwork, and tags as I import

On the Nwz Z1060 what is the best file format to convert your cds from to play on this model

Music will be either played with sony own software, or with a possible music app like winamp

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

3 REPLIES 3
Convergence
Visitor

Hi it all depends on how you like the sound, if you dont mind then stay with MP3 or WMA, i prefer Flac but they take up a lot more space, try making a version of each with only one track and listen to the difference, happy testing

jomcgin59
Visitor

Have been out and about today, and took my nwz z1060, loaded it last night with some mp3 files, and alos streamed from spotify

The mp3 tracks, they sound very crisp, and hearing more stuff than before on other sony mp3 models

The other half of my tracks loaded by spotify, and with gapless play, it sound good

Now as you say, I need to compare sounds, so guess it will be spotify v mp3

KrismanDeluxe
Explorer

Would also agree that FLAC is the way forward but it seems manufacturers are not increasing their storage capacity to keep up with the growing demands of FLAC users. Winamp can rip to FLAC and add all the necessary metadata for your music.

You question also depends a lot on what ear/headphones you are going to use. I have a NWZ-F805 and use Westone W4R earphones. These earphones are incredibly good at resolving detail so using FLAC gets the best out of them. I tried some budget earphones and as expected I could not tell the difference between 256k MP3 and FLAC. It all sounded rubbish! :