Join now - be part of our community!

XAV 601BT

profile.country.en_GB.title
djwilliams100
Visitor

XAV 601BT

Would anyone know how this handles having sat nav and music playing at the same time? When a direction is spoken on my sat nav (on phone) does the music automatically get turned down? Im planning on getting 1 in the next 2 weeks.  Thanks for any help

6 REPLIES 6
Drumzman
New

Hi djwilliams100,

Don't know for sure on this, but my guess is probably not.  I'm assuming that your phone would be connected with Bluetooth, and I'd be doubtful that spoken navigation instructions would be transmitted this way ..... and in any case I'm sure couldn't interrupt the music if it were being played on the XAV-601BT rather than through the phone.

That said, I believe it's possible to add a dedicated navigation module to the XAV-601BT, and that would almost certainly do what you want - if you feel like treating yourself further!! :wink:

Hope this helps?

DSG4ME
Visitor

It does both, you use the Walkman on your phone to play mp3's and the sat nav simply mutes and speaks when it feels it needs to tell you something.

Thilly1974
Visitor

I just fitted mine at the weekend.

Listerning to music through Ipod and sat nav through mobilephone.

The music does not interupt for the navi,I don't know if there is a setting to alter this,I hope there is.

DSG4ME
Visitor

You need the music playing from your iPhone and the nav working over the top, I use the superior Android system myself :wink: and my Xperia Z can pump out nav,music and a camera overlay all through the Mirrorlink, I believe the unit isn't that Apple friendly so you may just be stuck with a box of bugs unless they've sorted it all out for i users, it's a dam fine unit imo, ok it's not perfect but for £300 it's never going to be top notch, top notch comes in at £1500.

Thilly1974
Visitor

I use my 80GB ipod with all my music on to listern to music,and my HTC one X with TomTom installed as a navi.

I am guessing if everything was one my HTC it wouldn't be a problem.

My Ipod has over 9000 songs and I don't want to bung up my mobile.

DSG4ME
Visitor

There's your problem then, the unit can only use one source at a time but you are trying to feed two inputs at the same time, there isn't any unit available that can do that btw, the best it gets is to use the phone media player in the background of the sat nav which are purely phone functions as what you see on the 601 is purely a reflection of what is happening on the phone, 9000 songs isn't a great idea either as the indexing will take a while each time, the only thing you can do really is to buy bigger memory for the phone or swap the memory cards about in the phone like a flashdrive.