Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia x battery icon percentage stuck at 20%

SOLVED
Benni2
Visitor

Xperia x battery icon percentage stuck at 20%

Hello,

I was wondering has anyone encountered this issue and got any fixes? I charged my phone while turned off until it was showing 87% but when I turned it on the battery icon showed 20%. Phone remained on and used occasionally all day,still showing 20%.eventually notification for the usage warning for battery dropping below 30% showed up. I tried charging my phone for awhile when off, when on, with two different chargers and no change in battery %. Tried a soft reset, restarted in safe mode and still no difference. Any further  suggestions would be great, thanks. 

16 REPLIES 16
Wajaht
Visitor

Hey I want to mark it as a solution the battery calibrate one that one did take long time to reset or break the factory battery level but it was worthy.

Ahmadsobriii
Visitor

Ya,same as me also...my cause im just replace with new batteries(old one damage),but when im on the device the batteries percent doesnt make any change...its just show me 20%...im already perform reset (button on + vol up) but still dont make any change even i keep do it...kindly please advice me as soon as posibble..tq

Ahmadsobri
Visitor

Cannot perform a repair when batt still stuck on 20%,im have a same problem and perform repair software still cannot make it

NGW
Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem with my xperia z5 E6653 and have tried both of these solutions without any success, is there anything else that I might be able to try?

Ms92
Visitor

I've tried all the steps mentioned over the internet and none of them resolved the problem.

I managed to fix it by disconnecting the battery from the device and re attaching it again and somehow it worked perfectly 

profile.country.US.title
BadAss669
Explorer

Same problem here Xperia 1 battery stuck at 20. I tried to soft reset (vol + and power button) didn't work. I'll try to fully drain the battery any recharge.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can also try to perform software repair by the Xperia Companion and check.