Join now - be part of our community!

Screen don't start

profile.country.GB.title
Johan56
New

Screen don't start

After starting my 5 years old Sony Experia XZ Premium, my screen will not start, stay black. When I touch the screen, I hear the "normal sound" but ther's nothing to see. Battery is fully loaded but the phone was not used for 2 years.

Any suggestions what to do???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Johan56  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Is it possible for you to power on / off your phone?

If so when you power on do you see the logo at all or does the screen just stay black constantly?

Depending on if you can see anything at all have you tried a hard reset to see if that helps? 

• Turn off your smartphone.
  • Press and hold Volume up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears.
  • After the device logo , release Power button but hold the others a few more seconds.
  • Release all the buttons when Recovery mode screen appears.
  • Go to Wipe Data / Factory Reset option using Volume Down and press Power button to confirm it.
  • Go to Yes –Delete All User Data using Volume Down and press Power button to continue.
  • Recovery screen will appear after formatting process. Then, press the Power button on Reboot System Now to restart.

Again, if you can't see anything at all then the only thing I can advise is to contact Support.

Piscie
Community Team

@Johan56, in addition to what @jumpsuit said, you can try a software repair via Xperia Companion before contacting Sony reps if the above steps didn't work