Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ 802.11ac data transfer rate(max)

SOLVED
T-J820
Visitor

Xperia XZ 802.11ac data transfer rate(max)

Reading a forum from Hong Kong, people are discussing the Xperia XZ WiFi data transfer rate. The developer white paper (Sept 2016 version 1) stated that it was "Up to 433 Mbit/s". However, people argued it was incorrect, it should be 867Mbit/s.

May I reconfirm the Xperia XZ WiFi at (802.11 ac) data transfer rate from Sony official?

Link 1 (in Chinese and numeric)

Link 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

Hi @T-J820,

Welcome to the community.

The theoretical max speed of 802.11ac is eight channels, each of which are capable of 866.7Mbps at 160MHz giving a theoretical limit of ~1GB/s.

Based on the information I have available to me the XZ antenna supports 80MHz, meaning the "Up to 433 Mbit/s" is correct.

The XZ does support 802.11ac, however I do not have a compatible router to test this on. I do not believe it can connect to multiple channels or APs at a time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @T-J820,

Welcome to the community.

The theoretical max speed of 802.11ac is eight channels, each of which are capable of 866.7Mbps at 160MHz giving a theoretical limit of ~1GB/s.

Based on the information I have available to me the XZ antenna supports 80MHz, meaning the "Up to 433 Mbit/s" is correct.

The XZ does support 802.11ac, however I do not have a compatible router to test this on. I do not believe it can connect to multiple channels or APs at a time.

profile.country.IT.title
Bhonder
Contributor

I guess it depends on the number of antennas too: the more antennas, the more channels, the more throughput.

cjee
Visitor

My Xperia XZ connects to my router at a link speed of 866 Mbps.