Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia ZX - Device corrupt

profile.country.GB.title
Ryusei
Explorer

Xperia ZX - Device corrupt

Hi,

i have in the last 4 months a problem with my xperia. 4 months ago a had an unexpected restart and a screen "your device is corrupted" came. I followed the links on the forum and restored the phone. Everthing was normal, but then a month later again, so i Downloaded a new FW and fixed it again. Since then was everthink OK. Today the same scenario, restart, and a screen "your device is corrupted". 

Phone starts without any problem, only this screen is visible for about 5 second after each restart. I was carefull to not to install anything (only updates for Avast and my watch). My phone was not connected to my computer since the last restore... 

What could be the reason for this problem? How can i fix it for longer than a month?

Thank you for your ideas.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I cannot tell it from a distance.

Possible causes.

- corrupt SD card (test with, without and change)

- corrupt SIM card (low chance that this is a problem)

- bad behaving app (self installed)

- hardware issue

Do a software repair with Xperia Companion, just install the most needed apps, don't restore everything old, you might import trouble again.

Test with and without  SD card.

Hope you'll find a solution.

BTW

Have a look at the support app on your device, see if there's mentioning of problems.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Ryusei, it might be an app issue. You can also try the connection on safe mode and check if the same thing will happen or not.

profile.country.GB.title
Ryusei
Explorer

Thanks for the advice, i tried it and still the same situation. I think it is some sort of HW problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Ryusei
Explorer

Thank you for some tips,

- i use dual SIM so SD Card is not an option.

- tried with 1 and without SIM card, still the same problem.

- bad behaving app is still a possibillity, i tried safe mode, but didnt help. Doesn't mean that some app didn't modified some FW data.
- HW issue is possible, i tried what i could (every sensor, display etc.) but i dont know if i can somehow check intern memory for bad sectors or FW integrity (some sort of hash should work) but... 

- Support app didnt find any problems.
I would send it to repair, the device is still for 2 month in garanty, but because of covid regulations i am not able to go to my country where i bought it... So i can hope they will change that regulation on a month. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ryusei 

If you get the same error every time you restart the phone then do send it in, if it only happened once or twice, I wouldn't worry so much about it. BTW, did you repaired the phone with Xperia Companion? 

If you can't recreate the issue every time you restart the device, whenever Sony inspect the phone they'll probably say that there's nothing wrong with the phone, and you'll be without a phone for few weeks. 

Just my opinion. 

profile.country.GB.title
Ryusei
Explorer

Hi,

yes, the message comes every time i restart it. So i am not worried that they would not see it.

I did use the Xperia Companion to restore it.

But like i said, the problem is i am since January not in my country where i bought the phone and depending on the regulations it can be for a while that i am able to return home. The waranty in Czech republic is 2 years and i bought it on 09.2019. So i can only hope that they will reduce the restrictions until summer...  

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Ryusei , the warranty on the phone is European which means you can book it in any European country. You can book the repair directly if you were in the UK from the website using this link : https://bit.ly/3nAwhhI