Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with lockscreen

SOLVED
GrumpyPete
Visitor

Need help with lockscreen

Hi,

I installed the McAfee security to try it out, and changed my lock screen to swipe only. I turned the phone off and on again this afternoon, entered the McAfee pin, and now the lock screen is asking for a pin. I've removed the McAfee, and now all I get is the digit lockscreen. I've tried my old pin, the McAfee pin, all the default pins I can think of. I'm at a loss. I can't even get the hard reset to work. Can someone talk me through the exact sequence? Will that clear the lock screen?

Thanks,

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that's odd, are you sure it is a pin not a password, there ins't much anyone can assist you with, you have 2 options try to remember all the pins that you've set up or use SUS to reset your phone, btw you do not need mcafee/antivirus, it creates a LOT of issues and there aren't any virus on android

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that's odd, are you sure it is a pin not a password, there ins't much anyone can assist you with, you have 2 options try to remember all the pins that you've set up or use SUS to reset your phone, btw you do not need mcafee/antivirus, it creates a LOT of issues and there aren't any virus on android

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

GrumpyPete
Visitor

Thanks uli. I've used SUS and am back in action. :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

anytime