Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z - Icon response issue after rebooting - Urgent ***

SOLVED
bdt1978
Visitor

Xperia Z - Icon response issue after rebooting - Urgent ***

I have had the xperia z for a few weeks now, its hands down one of the best that i have had ever and i have had them all.

However, i have noticed something very annoying. Every time i reboot the phone the icons on the home screen draw do not respond. There is an animation as if they are being pushed BUT nothing opens. Chrome, Messaging for exmple. Further more when i go into the apps draw they seem to be just as bad and open only after several pushes.

To me, a phone that costs GBP 500+ should not suffer such issues. Also, the issue is only remedied by doing a full factory re-set, which i less than fun as you lose all of your apps and stored data each time you do it.

Has anyone else had this issue? I cant locate similar threads through google search, i apologise if this is already raised, would appreciate some insight.

Also - SONY SUPPORT - please shed some light on this annoying issue. I took my first handset back because of this, but have noticed EXACTLY the same issue with the second!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you don't need an antivirus, I've seen a lot of issues with antivirus, taskillers, battery apps, ram apps, boosters, etc

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I have not seen that issue on my Xperia Z you should try to update and/or repair your phone with either PCC or SUS, also those apps that are acting up did you sideload them or are they from the play store?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
bdt1978
Visitor

thanks - question - how will these downloads remedy the issue? does no update happen OTA?

Thank you both for responding really appreciate it

bdt1978
Visitor

these apps are the ones that come factory loaded with phone mate - chrome, messaging, phone and playstore themselves

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

not all updates are OTA, but if there's a bug or something acting up on your phone, it doesn't hurt to repair the software, so update/repair your phone (reinstall)

bdt1978
Visitor

Thanks mate, i downloaded and am installing now, lets see how we get on and ill respond shortly. Its a real drag having this issue and having to reset all the time!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

make sure to

1) restart your PC once you are done installing SUS

2) disable your firewall and/or antivirus then run SUS

I think its just a bug

Do you have any antivirus or taskillers installed?

bdt1978
Visitor

On the phone itself? now you mention it - i saw mcaffee on there actually, it came pre-loaded - really good point, while im waiting ill uninstall and then reboot and test

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you don't need an antivirus, I've seen a lot of issues with antivirus, taskillers, battery apps, ram apps, boosters, etc