Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III short battery life

profile.country.FI.title
AridFall256
Explorer

Xperia 10 III short battery life

Hello. Around last year at some point after Android 13 update the battery life of my Xperia 10 III dropped massively. For comparison the phone lasted over 4 days (over 96 hours) with 80% charge with my normal use before the issue began. I think I was often getting 5 days or even 6 and with full charge I could get 7 days. After the issue started I get max 40 hours even if I don't touch the phone. I had the phone for bit over a year before the issue started happening in 2023.

Some key points:

- I have noticed that the issue only happens when there is mobile connection through sim card.

- if there is no sim car or mobile connection, the fast battery drain doesn't happen.

--> Turning off mobile data (internet) doesn't help. The sim card has to be disabled/removed or airplane mode enabled before the fast battery drain stops

---> It's an issue related to traditional phone network (non internet)

--> The batter life is normal with just wifi (when there is no connection through sim).

What has been tried to solve the issue:

- Batter has been changed, it's basically new. Didn't help

- Factory reset has been done to the phone multiple times through the settings app. Doesn't help.

- Software repair (reinstall) has been done multiple times with Xperia Companion app on PC. Doesn't help.

--> the issue (fast batter drain) starts happening as soon as there is a phone network connection through sim.

-  Stamina mode. Doesn't help.

- Changing the telecommunications provider. Didn't help.

I have contacted Sony's local support in Finland, but of course they refuse to acknowledge the issue. Their "experts" say that 40 hours max is "normal" for the phone. Of course this probably comes down from upper echelons of Sony so it's not necessarily their fault. I refuse to use a phone that has to be charged every night or every day even if it's just in mobile standby. I am really frustrated that really good phone was ruined like this. For most of the time since this issue started I have been actually using my old Xperia L3 which I kept as a spare phone. That thing is who knows how old but the battery still lasts over 5 days quite easily. However it's pretty slow which is why I got a higher end phone in the first place and now there is already an important app that is dropping support for Android 8  starting next year.

Even after all the things I have tried and gone trough to fix this issue I am still hoping that maybe there is some way to solve the issue. Thus I am turning to forums. Does anyone know if there is a secret normal option or developer option to solve the issue? Or if there something that could be done as super user by rooting the phone? Or anything?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @AridFall256 

Did you try to contact Sony about this? They should be checking this from their end as long as it happened after software update 

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hello. I have almost identical problem with my Xperia 5 III. I'm searching for solution as well, but no results at this moment. If I'll find one, I will try to let you know. I know about Linage OS, someone was saying that it fixed battery issue, but I want to use official Sony firmware. 

profile.country.FI.title
AridFall256
Explorer

Yes. As I said I concacted Sony support directly.

profile.country.FI.title
AridFall256
Explorer

I was looking at custom Android ROMs as well, including Lineage OS but it and none of the other well known ROMs are not supported on Xperia 10 III unfortunately. Otherwise I personally would just install one. I wish Sony would at least provide a download for older software version for custom installation in the same way as something like Lineage OS is installed.