Join now - be part of our community!

estore UK - Xperia 5 & WF-1000XM3

SOLVED
hahehi
Visitor

estore UK - Xperia 5 & WF-1000XM3

Hi,

How I can ensure that while pre-ordering Xperia 5 from UK estore I will receive WF-1000XM3? Sony’s T&Cs states only fist 75 people will received it. Well... its a very, very low stock allocation for an entire UK and Ireland. When I go to estore it shows out-of-stock but when refresh the page is available again. I was trying to check this with estore support directly but both emails (supportuk & support-uk@estore.sonymobile.com) which are used in their T&Cs bounce back due to email routing problems Slightly_frowning_Face

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @hahehi, thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

I just tested to Email to the support-uk@estore.sonymobile.com address and that worked fine for me, I received an auto reply that my ticket had been received and that they would get back to me.

Can you try sending a new Email and see if that works? It may have been some small hiccup during the early mornings. The address that's just supportuk@estore.sonymobile.com did not work at all for me and I instantly got a fail message.

You can also give them a call at the number below.

+44 2036087610

For the actual pre-booking offer, since this is not available in the Nordics where I'm situated (not in the eStore but almost all retailers have the same one) I don't know exactly how it works and if the pre-booking offer (headset + phone) will be removed once it reaches 75. This I'm afraid can only be answered by the eStore support, so hopefully you will get through to them via Email or if you call them.

I hope that helps a bit!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jonas
Master

Hi @hahehi, thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

I just tested to Email to the support-uk@estore.sonymobile.com address and that worked fine for me, I received an auto reply that my ticket had been received and that they would get back to me.

Can you try sending a new Email and see if that works? It may have been some small hiccup during the early mornings. The address that's just supportuk@estore.sonymobile.com did not work at all for me and I instantly got a fail message.

You can also give them a call at the number below.

+44 2036087610

For the actual pre-booking offer, since this is not available in the Nordics where I'm situated (not in the eStore but almost all retailers have the same one) I don't know exactly how it works and if the pre-booking offer (headset + phone) will be removed once it reaches 75. This I'm afraid can only be answered by the eStore support, so hopefully you will get through to them via Email or if you call them.

I hope that helps a bit!

hahehi
Visitor

Thanks for your reply @Jonas. It seems that ‘support-uk’ address do not like my mail providerI got my email acknowledgment using different mailbox.

For some reasons UK estory advertising a dead email address ‘supportuk’ in T&Cs for xperia 5 offer (point 10):

https://estore.sonymobile.com/assets/sony/pdf/headphones-offer-terms/Xperia_5_Sony_WH-1000XM3_Headph...

Also in a generic estore Terms emails: supportuk and support-uk are used interchangeable hence the confusion:

https://estore.sonymobile.com/assets/sony/pdf/terms/gb.pdf

Thanks

Seb

Jonas
Master

Hi again @hahehi!

You're very welcome and I hope you receive a reply as soon as possible with the information you are looking for.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why there are two different Email address mentioned in the T&Cs and the one without the "-" doesn't work for anyone..

I grabbed the information from the contact page for the eStore that you can find on the link below, that one lists all countries with both phone numbers and Email addresses.

https://sony.brandpathsupport.com/en/kb/articles/contact-us

I'll send an Email now so they can fix the T&Cs so it only shows one Email address (the one that is working).

Thank you so much for reporting this and have a fantastic afternoon! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Dont they need to go this site to claim? https://sonyheadphoneoffer.co.uk/

hahehi
Visitor

This is correct but my question was how to ensure promotional earphones are still available while placing an order. I got a reply from support-uk@estore that I have to place an order, email them so someone could check if my order qualify for free earphones. They have explained if all earphones are gone they would reply and let me know so I may cancel an order. At the end I have decided to purchase phone from O2 as they did not have not limited this offer to such a small number of customers.

Jonas
Master

@nolramlb, that is only when you purchased the product from a retailer/operator in the UK as far as I can see and I imagine that the headset is sent together with the device when ordering from the Xperia store (that is how it has been in the past at least for the Nordics).

@hahehi, I'm glad to hear that you received an answer at least and that you could cancel the order in case all headsets were gone.

I do however understand that buying from O2 or any other retailer/operator in the UK provides a bit more security and should there be any defect, you can just visit one of the stores instead of having to send the device back and that the offer is not as limited there.

Thanks again for choosing the Xperia 5 and I hope you will be pleased with both the device and the headset! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a nice day!