Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

DanSan48
New

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

Hi

Recently I've encountered problems with my fingerprint manager. Since the update it has completely gone from my settings menu on my Xperia 5. I spoke to someone from the team and they suggested backing up my phone and software repairing my phone. This didn't help one bit. And also erased everything without it backing up. Has anyone else experienced this with the fingerprint manager?

47 REPLIES 47
Morto79
New

Also had the issue this morning. Rebooted my phone last night (something I rarely do) and when I turned it back on it wouldn't accept fingerprint and manager had gone. When In diagnostics, device asks to register fingerprints but system crashes saying you've timed out. I rebooted again and fingerprints are back. FLAKEY SONY! FWIW the scanner on mine was appalling for first few months (I got mine at release in Oct 2019)

profile.country.GB.title
Neallucas
Explorer

I've still issues. Works ok for a while. Even set up new fingerprints so
latest scan. It still fails after a while and in settings fingerprint is
missing? Reboot it all comes back. Needs resolving SONY?
profile.country.GB.title
Sneakykilla

I bought mine at launch day and I had no problems. Now mine won't return, I'm sick of restarting and hard resets etc. Done it all and nothing helps. So sick I'm definitely not using Sony if they can't fix what I payed for. Also as a feature that is advertised to sell the phone, I have the right to ask for my money back.

tim1211
New

duuude, this safed me. Thank you very much for sharimg this solution. ❤️

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

I have been in touch with Sony for some time on this.

1. They told me there would be an update in March

2. Then they told me the update in March/April

3. Then they told me update in April

4. Today (4th May) they told me there would definitely be an update but they don't know when

They told me the issue was an Android one not a Sony one. I suggested that if this was an Android issue, every phone manufacturer would have this issue. They dont. So it isnt.

profile.country.US.title
George_110
Explorer

I think it's something Android-related. The fingerprint option in Settings menu of my Xperia 5 is appearing sometimes and fingerprint operates as normal for an hour or less and disappears again. I was hoping that with May update the problem will be solved, but it's still ongoing. Something inside the system struggles with this option and on the user's level we can't do anything with it. As a lifelong Sony fan, I was going to pre-order the Xperia 5 III. On another hand, I like Xperia 5 and I think it won't be obsolete at least for an year ahead. While I'm still seriously considering the Xperia update, I rarely catch myself thinking of the iPhone 13 Pro or whatever is coming this year to switch to that brand. I would never consider iPhone as an option!

profile.country.RU.title
arutyun-akopov

It is a hardware problem, not software. Fingerprint sensor is broken Physically

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

I have been told by Sony that they were told by Google that the fingerprint scanner is not compatible with the latest version of Android. I think they are referring to the Sony fingerprint software. That said, the Sony software was crap with the previous version of Android until they applied a fix.

MikeMcc23
Explorer

I've have the same issue and am totally fed up with it. It's been months that I can't use the Finger Print Manager. I've followed all the instructions to no avail, maybe it's just the odd unit? Maha at Sony Support Uk has asked for purchase details and I'll get a full refund for my Xperia 5 if they can't resolve in the next 2 days. What's the point of having a sensor that you can't use. I'll update when Sony responds.

I've asked about refunds for those on a contract.

MikeMcc23
Explorer

Is the finger print manager still working?