Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android Bravia - Ireland

Explorer

2015 Android Bravia - Ireland

Any plans for the itv , c4 app or youview to be available on irish devices?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not heard of anything from Sony about this to be honest - not even on the grapevine as they say.  Sony dont usually communicate future plans onevway or another.  So I can only assume that the answet is no, unless they say otherwise.

Cheers

Explorer

fair enough - its not the best automatically including the encrypted sky channels, even my cheapo decoder allowed you to enter in a postcode + not tune in sky...pain sorting through all the regional bbcs

profile.country.GB.title
Stephen3334
Explorer

Greetings Q,   The same advertised functions are not available in this part of the U.K.  Northern Ireland.

Just the message 'Not available in your country'.  Talk about the proverbial Tin Hat after everything else wrong with these sets. I shelled out thousands for the 65 9305c, expecting it to be the best and possibly the last TV that I will ever buy.   No doubt it's the last Sony....

Explorer

wow. Maybe i'm stretching it a bit asking for the youview in ireland. Youview is based on terrestial signal and uk broadband . Thats a nasty geolock . Do other youview players work? Why don't you pop your isp an email about it? Pity I can choose to omit encrypted channels when I scan for satellite.....
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stephen3334

Which Firmware are you on?  Are you using the UK one or the Irish one?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Stephen3334
Explorer

Hello, as far as I know it's the U.K.  PKG2.623.0052EB           5.1.1

Not being able to enable Youview and the other catch-up services is probably a blessing in disguise given it can't be done without disabling other key features plus whatever else is knocked out of kilter.

Sony should be ashamed of themselves.  

I know I am for being a customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stephen3334 i dont see any reason why you could not install the uk version of the firmware to access YouView.  Assuming that you still want it that is.

Explorer

Would that only be an option for Stephen ? I'd be happy to give the uk firmware a shot...Is it available on a sony ftp site or something? thanks!
profile.country.GB.title
Stephen3334
Explorer

Hello Q,   The reason is UTV and it's shortcomings regarding costs,regional licensing and related matters. The onscreen message states 'This feature is not available in your country'   N.I. is U.K.. As far as I know I'm using UK software/firmware etc.   Nurse...