Join now - be part of our community!

Slow response on remote control

Vicky_A
Explorer

Slow response on remote control

Hi,

I bought a Sony 49X8309C at the beginning of November to replace my old LG which was on its way out.  I'm happy with the TV so far, it does everything I want a TV to do, with one exception.

The response to the remote control is incredibly slow, and frequently (2 or 3 times a week) it stops working completely.  I can see the sensor on the TV flicker when I press the buttons, so the signal is getting there, but the TV can take anything up to 20 seconds to respond.  This can be for anything, such as getting the Guide up, changing channel by pressing the number keypad, or just navgating around on the homepage.  When it stops working completely, the only option I can find is to turn the TV off at the mains and turn it back on again.

I'm on the latest firmware, YouView is enabled, remote batteries are brand new.  Are these response times normal, and is there anything I can do about it?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

Hi, the latest firwmare upgrade released yesterday should improve this problem.

I tried it it seems to be better but not solved, more than once trying to play around with the tv testing if they fixed other issues I found myself hardly trying to not throw my remote to the tv.

Try to use the mobile siede view app, I had less issues with it.

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C