Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Rikachu
Explorer

Morning all! Which sky remote code do people recommend for use with the x85c? The one I'm using now isn't the best option... The arrow buttons on the sky remote act as "confirm" buttons so I can't navigate the home menu nor select HDMI channels (unless I cycle through them with 'help'. Any advice much appreciated!
Tags (3)
lebarry
Explorer

Anyone who has purchased one of the Sony 2015 Android TVs should read the article/review on the enclosed link. I think in my opinion it just about sums up the frustrations those of us that has purchased one are going through. It certainly would be no harm if Sony also read the article and learned from it. http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-android-smart-tv-system-2015-review
kelchashock
Explorer

Do you know when the next update is out? The most annoying thing is that sound cuts off intermittently and the tv emits a buzzing noise. I have to reboot the whole thing by pressing down the power button. Anyone else getting this issue? At first I thought it was the soundbar so i've been using it without that but the same issue occurs. I've restored back to factory 4 times now, its getting very annoying.
Wdp1234
Explorer

Is there a fix in the works for netflix? still as I can no longer sign in, It just keeps booting me out to the netflix sign in/start a free month screen as of today at least. or anyone got it working again? help me..thankyou.
kelchashock
Explorer

Are you on the latest software version. i've logged into and watching 4k netflix fine. I know there were issues prior to the last 2 software updates for netflix viewing.
profile.country.GB.title
UnoBorg

Yeah mines fine too barring the stereo output that we all know abt! but I
play from sony blu-ray player so It's 5.1

Regards

Mark
Wdp1234
Explorer

i'm on the latest software but i've got the kdl-43w756
profile.country.GB.title
UnoBorg

If you look with other TV's as well sound bar doesn't fire up with TV's....Only what I've rad cause I don't use a soundbar....Unless It's an expensive soundbar who want's to use one?
kelchashock
Explorer

@UnoBorg wrote:
If you look with other TV's as well sound bar doesn't fire up with TV's....Only what I've rad cause I don't use a soundbar....Unless It's an expensive soundbar who want's to use one?

I havent used the soundbar in a while now, but I still get the issue.

Rikachu
Explorer

Nevermind. Found this site: http://help.sky.com/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv And used code: 1853 Works great now 😃