Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
danielbeyzade

Just a quick update.. I havent heard back from Sony directly but I have seen some emails that  I have seen some emails to those that sent the complaint in saying "Unfortunately due to the way that the forum is being lead at the moment and the sensitivity of your issue, I am still waiting for further details from our technical department.  As soon as I have further information I will let you know."

danielbeyzade

Will update as soon as I have a firm reponse from them

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danielbeyzade wrote:
 "Unfortunately due to the way that the forum is being lead at the moment and the sensitivity of your issue, I am still waiting for further details from our technical department.  As soon as I have further information I will let you know."

@danielbeyzade - im trying to figure out the meaning of this, in reference to "forum being lead".  Is this an email from Sony support?

profile.country.DK.title
tjp.thomas

For what it is worth, I am folding in and giving up. Handling in my 4K Android hopes and dreams and getting it replaced by the vendor (in Denmark) for a Samsung 4K instead.

Cannot wait to get this overwith - good luck all of you who still have faith - I hope Sony will live up to your confidence.

Peace :thinking:

frankie1g

I struggling to understand this.Are sony about to cull the forum as they belive it's out of control.Eg to.much negative press for the tv Sent from my Samsung device
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

andipr ha scritto:

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what everyone's understanding of the PIP/PAP situation is. I know it's scheduled for 24th December (ROFL), but the extra support notes only state the exclusions, rather than which input source combinations will work:

"** Browser/Tuner, USB Tuner, Tuner/Tuner combinations are not available with this function."

@andipr those are limitation that were true also on previous lineups... you cannot view an app while viewing a live program from DVBT on 2013, 2014 TVs... mainly only DVBT vs external input. Probably Sony is wanting to be really detailed on the user expectaction due to all the criticism...

frankie1g

Most probably you can watch the tv reboot in one screen and watch a blank screen in the other Sent from my Samsung device
danielbeyzade

@Anonymous Its from Kimberly who is head of all UK android complaints. I don't understand its meaning either. I think they are being very careful about what they are saying as they obviously do not want to admit the issues. I wouldnt be suprised if they pull the forum, but I think they probably know if they do that it will make them look even worse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  

The cant and wont 'pull the forums' - only posts that violate the rules.  So dont worry too much on that :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Powered on the TV from standby this morning, and got a second or two of footage only for it to go directly into a reboot cycle. Why are these bugs still occuring?

All I've had from Ahmed at Sony Resolution Office is: "It is currently under investigation with our technical team to see the reason behind your issues.  I will keep you updated"

Terrible customer service.