Join now - be part of our community!

55XD8505 main menu, youtube, opera freezing

profile.country.GB.title
Hazeze
Explorer

55XD8505 main menu, youtube, opera freezing

Hello there. 

I have googling and trying to find similar case to mine but i havent menaged it.

I have recently bought 55XD8505 and in first two weeks it was a super TV, fast as hell and realy realible. Problem started im third week, when I was watching movie in opera. Sudenly everything freezed, then I tryed to press BACK button but nothing happend, then presses HOME button and nothing, then pressed OFF button and nothing, then after few attempts of restarting (by holding OFF button) it restarted. And since then, I have that problem, even I did full restart TV. I feel even after full restart that tv is slow in main menu, in youtube and in opera (extremly slow) but TV has no problem with digital programs, how I see its only android problem (smart functions). I have freezings since i start using android apps, its not from time to time, its always. After that its imposible to use opera for longer then 5 minutes, after that freezing is takong 5-10 seconds for buttons to react.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Hazeze and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If its the "Opera TV" app you are using I have seen that others online have had some

problems with it including network problems.

Have you tried uninstalling it and then resetting your TV to see if that helps?

profile.country.GB.title
Hazeze
Explorer

Hello, thank you.

Yes, its Opera browser. 

I didnt tryed unistaling it, didnt know thats posible, becouse i tho that Opera browser is imposible to unistal. I will try that too, and will give feedback.

Thank you once again.

profile.country.GB.title
Hazeze
Explorer

I was not able to unistal Opera, maybe becouse its integrated with system, I was able to delete history/informations etc, restarted tv, but its still the same.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Where did you purchase the TV from? Was it bought online or from a shop?

If its only several weeks old  I would return it (if you purchased from a shop)

for an exchange.

If not I would give Sony Support a phone on +44 (0) 2073652810

profile.country.GB.title
Hazeze
Explorer

Thank you for trying to help me.

I bought it in shop but they are sending me to service, then I have to sent it via DHL and wait, our services are at zero grade and thats why I havent decided yet to send it to service.

Thanks once again.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi

You're welcome :slight_smile:

How old is the television and which shop did you get it from?

For example if it was Currys PCWorld their terms and conditions state:

"Within 30 days of purchase or delivery, you may return a faulty product for an exchange or refund. You can return it to a store. Or you can arrange for a return "

profile.country.GB.title
Hazeze
Explorer

Hello

Tv is like 1 month or so old. I bought it in local shop, ofcourse with bill. 

Shop and Sony customer support refusing to give me new TV over here.

Can you give me email of Sony head office that wont send me to my local CS.

Looks like its hardwer - motherboard problem, tv is weaker every day, CS assume aswel that its problem of tv.

Best regards.