Join now - be part of our community!

65A1 Screen Flickering

profile.country.GB.title
siegfried.quemado
Explorer

65A1 Screen Flickering

Hello all,

After three weeks of using my KD 65A1 OLED TV, I had three occassions where the screen would suddenly have flickering bands across the screen, looking much like digital noise. Those three occassions were:

1. Plugging in a H96 Pro Plus andoid box. I was testing the box, streaming 4K and HD videos.

2. When watching 4K and HD Youtube videos using the built in Google TV interface.

3. While watching an HD show on ordinary TV box.

On all occassions, the flickering would just be intermittent bands flashing across the screen. I was watching a 4K or HD show and then it would start flickering. It comes to a point where the viewing experience becomes unacceptable and just stop watching altogether. I would then do a Google TV reset and the screen comes to normal again.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Pbrimble
New

Yes same issue as I have a recording of.

All the best,

Paul....
profile.country.GB.title
kenofstephen
Explorer

Same problem here , 55A1

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @kenofstephen,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! It's a shame to hear that your TV has developed this issue. This is a hardware fault and can not be resolved through software fixes.

I recommend you contact Sony Customer Support by phone:

+44 (0) 2073652810
Opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00.

Or by e-mail:

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Prepare a link to a video of your problem on YouTube where the issue is exhibiting itself clearly not only on digital terrestrial sources but on all different sources (e.g. apps, external players). An example of such video has already been posted on this thread.

Note that if you live outside of the United Kingdom you will have to contact your own local Sony Customer Support.

Hopefully you will be able to book a repair service promptly.

Cheers,

Dutchice