Join now - be part of our community!

65XF7596 - turning on problem (when USB HDD plugged)

profile.country.GB.title
aqrtur.safran
Explorer

65XF7596 - turning on problem (when USB HDD plugged)

Hi, I have bought my 65xf7596 tv last week, and I have problem to turn on while USB HDD (not registered to record) is plugged. I already told the sellers, and they replaced the tv, but the issue is the same. The strange thing is when I turn off the tv from the remote after I could turn on, but if I am turning off at night, in the morning I cannot turn on. I am trying it for some minutes and it turning on sometimes, but better if I replug the tv to AC and after it turning on.

For a night I tested that, if nothing plugged via USB, there wasn't problem to turn on. I already upgraded to the latest firmware, and the problem hasn't fixed. I am using a 4TB Seagate 2.5" external HDD. Is there any solution to this bug? 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Never heard about such a problem, the only strange thing I see in your setup is that you are using a very large HDD that may consume too much energy for the usb socket: has it a separate power cord or is it powered by the usb socket? in the last case i would suggest you to use a smaller HDD (not bigger that 1TB or in any case with a power consumption as supported by the usb socket)

profile.country.GB.title
aqrtur.safran
Explorer

Thank you for your answer. It is an 2,5" external hdd, and with no separate power cord. And as i tested, the tv only cannot turn on when it is plugged, but with 1 tb hdds (2 was plugged parallelly) wasn't problem to turn on.

It is very strange for me because i used this 4 tb hdd with my 5 years old LG tv without any issue.

I'm curious, that is it a software or hardware issue?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As I wrote is not that strange. It needs more power than the TV is able to give.. you may try to connect it to the usb3 socket that should supply more juice 
profile.country.GB.title
aqrtur.safran
Explorer

I have already tried it, but the same as the other sockets. And i don't think that isn't enough power supply for the 4tb hdd, because it operates well when the tv is turned on once.