Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XF8796 USB Playback - App not recognising folder structure

profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

KD43XF8796 USB Playback - App not recognising folder structure

Hello again community,

My fourth (and please let this be my last) problem I'm having with this TV is with the USB playback function. One of the reasons I chose to buy my first Sony was that I've been told it supports a lot of different file formats for video playback.

I have a USB drive full of various different shows that we don't get here in the UK, split by show name and then season number at folder level.

If i plug the USB drive into another device, say, a laptop or an Xbox, to play an episode I must first navigate to (for example: )

Show Name folder -> Season Number Folder -> Episode.mp4

When I plug the USB drive into the side of the TV and select the "video playback" option, I'm given a screen full of every single video file, unsorted, with minimal ways of finding what I'm looking for. Made even more hard with many epsiodes having the same thumbnail image!

Can I use a different app within Android TV that is much better at handling this sort of task?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Video stock app work like this, unaware of the folder structure (at least via USB, it is a different story via DLNA). Try Nova Player... much much better as UI and features

Ladi10g
New

hi

Ladi10g
New