Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.GB.title
smudger75

I am in the UK and the sony support number 0207 3652810 goes through to a call centre in cairo egypt, it has the latest firmware so I don't even know why they took the TV away given the issue I had seems to be well reported in this thread from the Jan oreo release, I updated the TV with the 6.520 firmware released in May.

Does anyone have a uk contact number which actually gets through to sony UK as I am just being fobbed off and I want either my TV back or a replacement, all I get from the cairo call centre is promises of call backs that never happen.

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Who or where are the “repair company” you referred to?

profile.country.GB.title
smudger75

north west appliance repairs.

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

It it was me I’d be retrieving the set and finding another repairer. Are they an authorised Sony repairer?

profile.country.GB.title
smudger75

I assume so as it was sony support who arranged the repair under warranty, tv 11 months old.

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

go  directly to the repairer and ask them wth is going on and why they  just didnt flash it to get it back up and running.

North West Appliance Repairs

01772 643900
Hours:
Closed
· Opens tomorrow 8:00 AM

profile.country.GB.title
smudger75

Cheers yes I'm gonna contact them again tomorrow, I have spoken to them several times and it's been "we are waiting on sony for some info" so I ring sony on the 020 number which gets through to egypt and they tell me they don't know anything and tell me to ring pacifica group in durham, I think pacifica must have sub contracted out to north west appliance repairs.

profile.country.GB.title
smudger75

Sony decided to swap my 75xf9005 for a brand new 75xg9505 which arrived today, tried to play a few mkv 4k hdr movies via usb stick on the media player app and again they freeze at 40-50 mins just like they did on the xf, in the last few weeks while my TV has been away I have read that there a few other apps in the play store that will play the mkv's like VLC and mx player, failing that will just set up plex on the pc and tv and stream them.

Could have been easily solved if sony let me downgrade the firmware, I was perfectly happy with the xf before I upgraded it.

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

Kodi should play them too. 

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Same thing here... XE8505, yesterday  I was watching Lion King 4K with my kids and file was on super speed USB stick connected to Super speed port on TV of course and movie just froze at about 55 minutes of play time...

DTS HD master audio doesn't work we know that but regular dts and dolby digital works fine... 

I'm of course using native Video app because others have audio sync problems...