Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo automatic update

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Android 8.0 Oreo automatic update

Can any one help please .has any one had the automatic update OREO 8.0 for a KD65ZD9 my internet is very slow but just manages to do updates, so I am wondering if I have missed it

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you checked your settings to see when the latest update took place?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi 

Have just checked my settings and I am showing at 6.5629, so I dont have the 8.0 Oreo up date, I also note when checking on the support site there is a important update v6.6520 dated 1/7/19, our internet speed is only 1 meg but we have managed to update successfully each time a update to be done this applies to our x800 and x700 players and dn1080 av, so as the roll out for the 8.0 Oreo on a kd65zd9 happened as yet

regards 

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

I have 52Mbps of internet speed. 

I can't the automatic update is there for 65XD9 yet. 

I have tried to do it using USB drive and failed terribly.  Don't holding my breath for getting any support from SONY. 

Cheers

Amit 

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi Amit

You are like me just need a little help

So can any one tell us has the update for a kw65zd9 happened or are we still waiting for the roll out???

Regards Richard

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

Hi Richard, 

I have managed to update the firmware using the automatic over the air update. Like doing through the Settings menu. 

Looks like Sony has pushed the update for KD65ZD9.  I would suggest to check for auto update in your telly. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers 

Amit 

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi Amit

Good to hear that you have had success with the update

Have checked my soft wear update still says my tv is updated but it is still on 6.5629 so will try a new post to see if I can get help

Regards Richard 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

The rollout is currently in progress but, its not complete (last figures were around 50% for Oreo) so it will just be a matter of time before it hits your TV. The rollout is always generally staggered so that its not all done to all TVs at the same time.

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi 

Thank you for the info I understand better now will wait for my turn?

Will leave this open for a while till I get the update

Thanks again

Richard